function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
MarkSilberMarkSilber 

Some profile pictures missing when using the Chatter Bubble sample app

I installed the Chatter Bubble sample app (http://wiki.developerforce.com/index.php/Chatter_Code_Recipes) in my Chatter enabled org and I'm seeing some strange behavior with profile pictures when looking at followers / following information. Some of the users don't show profile pictures, although I can see them if I use the standard Chatter screens. I haven't figured out what the pattern is between the ones that show and the ones that don't.

Any ideas?

By the way - excellent recipes!

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
cloudcodercloudcoder

Glad you liked the sample app. The reason you are likely seeing some 'stock' profile images is because the sample app is using an unsupported URL (please interpret that as - use for development  only, it will change) which needs to include a version number (currently set to v1) of the profile image. If you load up 3 different images, you will always just see the first.

Use the app as a learning tool. Things are moving at a  fast pace, and will continue to change to provide more and more developer support as the engineering team prioritize their efforts. I'm still amazed at what they have been able to achieve with Chatter already!

All Answers

cloudcodercloudcoder

Glad you liked the sample app. The reason you are likely seeing some 'stock' profile images is because the sample app is using an unsupported URL (please interpret that as - use for development  only, it will change) which needs to include a version number (currently set to v1) of the profile image. If you load up 3 different images, you will always just see the first.

Use the app as a learning tool. Things are moving at a  fast pace, and will continue to change to provide more and more developer support as the engineering team prioritize their efforts. I'm still amazed at what they have been able to achieve with Chatter already!

This was selected as the best answer
MarkSilberMarkSilber
That makes sense. So the pattern is that users that have uploaded / refreshed their profile picture can't be displayed in the sample application? Are you working on an API call to retrieve the profile picture?
Devendra@SFDCDevendra@SFDC

Hi,

How to get Chatter Bubble App with its source code?

Thanks,

Devendra