function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
PhillipPDXPhillipPDX 

Chatter API Documentation?

Is there any documentation available for the new Chatter API? If so, I would appreciate any information that you can provide.

Thanks,
Phillip

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 

All Answers

PhillipHoustonPhillipHouston
While that is a great cookbook it's not quite what I'm looking for. I'm looking for actual API documentation that details the classes with Properties and Methods.
ryan@genius.comryan@genius.com

Version 18.0 of the WebServices API documentation has details of the new objects and their properties. The methods are the same as other SObjects.

Here is a link to the documentation of the FeedPost object, from there you can get to the other new objects:

http://www.salesforce.com/us/developer/docs/api/index_Left.htm#StartTopic=Content/sforce_api_objects_feedpost.htm

Unfortunately, some of the API documentation for the new objects is wrong so the best way to find the properties and relationships for the new objects is to use SoqlXplorer.

cloudcodercloudcoder

There is technically no API to speak of. Chatter is a collection of Objects. The recipe article is good, but you may want to start by checking out the Intro to Chatter article which describes the object model and how they are used when developing Chatter apps. 

Was there a specific question you were trying to get answered though? Perhaps I can help there.

GokumarGokumar

Is there  a way to follow/unfollow an object/people programatically? If so, could you plz hint me few lines of code... 

thnx in advance...

cloudcodercloudcoder

Yes, the EntitySubscription object is key. Check out recipe #3&4 in the Chatter Code Recipes article. All you need to do is insert the record/userid as the parentId and yourself (or another userid) in the subscriberid field to follow:

http://wiki.developerforce.com/index.php/Chatter_Code_Recipes