function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
StephenBStephenB 

Chatter for only some users?

I know this goes against the grain of the whole chatter paradigm, but bear with me...

We have 1 SFDC org but 3 very different sets of users using the org. In fact, most of the users probably don't know the other sets of users exist (if you follow me). 

Two of these user groups (and the processes they use SFDC for) lend themselves well to the use of chatter, but the 3rd group doesn't. I have looked over the chatter functionality but as far as I can see, there's no way to limit the use of chatter to just certain user groups/roles/profiles. Is there any way of doing this? I am looking for a flag similar to the "Content user" flag, where I can check on/off the fact that a user (or group of users) has access to chatter.

Any thoughts?

cloudcodercloudcoder

It is a pretty interesting use case. I think the Groups feature (near future) is what you are looking for. Right now, however, it is an all or nothing WRT Chatter enablement, but you could certainly leverage security controls to limit which users/profiles can see which records, and therefore Chatter feedposts associated with them.