function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Delta ForceDelta Force 

Chatter Customization

Hope everyone is doing well.  Had two quick questions about chatter that I could use some help with.

1.  How do I customize the chatter name from the drop down menu in the top right of the screen.  For instance instead of salesforce chatter, I would like it to say "my company: chatter? 

2.  I cant get the salesforce chatter link to show up for my users.  Admins can do it but when they go to that menu, all they have is sales, call center, etc.  Any ideas?

I appreciate the help

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
bob_buzzardbob_buzzard

As chatter is a standard app, you can't change the label.  What you can do is create a new app called "mycompany: chatter" which contains the same tabs as the standard salesforce chatter app.

If users can't see chatter, take a look at the profile settings to see if the app is visible to the users.  

All Answers

bob_buzzardbob_buzzard

As chatter is a standard app, you can't change the label.  What you can do is create a new app called "mycompany: chatter" which contains the same tabs as the standard salesforce chatter app.

If users can't see chatter, take a look at the profile settings to see if the app is visible to the users.  

This was selected as the best answer
vivekanandanvivekanandan

Hi,

I want to remove the followers from my opportunity when my stage name is dead. and again to reinstate the follower in to the same record if the stage naem is again changed to awarded.

For reinstating what i figured out is creating a shadow object and storing the values, but for deleting initially.

I am not able to fetch the record proeprly.

Select Id, ParentId, SubcriberID from entitysubcription where parentId =: (recordid);

it is retrieving the vorrect value i nthis.Please help me . this is very urgent..