function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
BeerboyBeerboy 

Create new "Event" record from Custom Object

I have created a custom object allowing users to record their activities with clients.  This was created due to the limitation of 20 custom fields for Tasks/Events.

Among other things, the custom object allows users to indicate a date for a planned, future meeting with the client.

How can I capture the date of that future meeting from my custom object, and use AJAX to write/create an Event on the users' SFDC calendar?
DevAngelDevAngel
Hi Beerboy,

The tricky part here is not how to create the scontrol to do the create of the event.  The tricky part is how to trigger this to run.  If you are using your a native layout (not an scontrol form for creating the event) you will need to create a web link to place on the detail of the page.  This link will need to be clicked *after* the user creates the record.  It becomes a user training issue then to make sure that when the custom event is created a standard event is also created to appear on the calendar after the record is created.

Not optimum, but not a permanent issue either.
The_FoxThe_Fox
Hello,

There is another solution that is not supported by salesforce:smileywink: but it is not so easy. So if you are not in a hurry . I will wait a solution from salesforce. Winter 07? Dave?

Regards