function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
warrenlesterwarrenlester 

S Control or report as a homepage text area component

I would like to display a report of say "My Open Cases" as a homepage component within an IFRAME or something similar. I have created a report, but the frame also contains the tabset and all the other gumph that is normally displayed when viewing other pages within salesforce.

So I thought I would try to write an AJAX S Control to emulate the report, but have so far been unsucessful.

Has anyone else managed to achieve this?

Warren Lester
Greg HGreg H

Hi Warren,

You can use AJAX to create an sControl to illustrate "My Open Cases." Once you have the sControl built you would create a custom component to your home page. The component would need to be HTML and the best place for it would be on the wide (right) side of the app. For the actual HTML you would use the following code:

Code:

<IFRAME src="/servlet/servlet.Integration—lid=000000000000XXX" frameBorder=0 width="100%" height=500></IFRAME>

Simply make sure that the height of the iframe is suitable to your needs and replace the code after the "lid=" with the ID ofo your sControl.

Hope this helps,
-greg

jf317820jf317820
Code:
<IFRAME src="/servlet/servlet.Integration?lid=000000000000XXX" frameBorder=0 width="100%" height=500></IFRAME>

I believe this is the correct link (notice the "?").