function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
tinman44tinman44 

Inline s-control height?

I just started playing with inserting an s-control inline in the detail view of a page. It appears to load the s-control onto a 200px high iframe. Is there anyway to control this height? Make it bigger/smaller?

Thanks in andvance for any advice.
tinman44tinman44
Okay so I found where you do this in the "edit page layout" page. However, when I edit the IFrame hieght and width and save it the values are not saved. So when I go in to edit the values they come back as 'undefined'.

I will log a case.
michaelforcemichaelforce

I checked this for fun in our org and it seems to save the height and width properly.

I do wish that you could define the height dynamically (within the s-control)... I reckon I will post that on idea exchange.

tinman44tinman44
So i tried to go into our Sandbox account (Which has winter release enabled) and our PreRelease account and i could not get these numbers to save.

Wonder what I am doing wrong? I enter a valid width: 100% and a valid height: 400. Then I save the page layout. Open it back up and they come back as undefined. Is this how you got it to work? Or am I missing something really simple?

Thanks 
michaelforcemichaelforce

That's definitely how it should be done.

Does the s-control show up at all on the page when you go to a record? If so, what height is it?

tinman44tinman44
It shows up and defaults to 200px. It does this for all s-controls I enter in there.
michaelforcemichaelforce

That sounds like a bug you found there.  A function I posted just now may help you, if not on this issue, perhaps in the future:

http://community.salesforce.com/sforce/board/message?board.id=ajax_toolkit&message.id=1269