function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
DurgaprasadDurgaprasad 

Issue on git repository

Hello
I am very new to this platform. I am trying to use salesforce mobile SDK for android.

This is what I did:

Step 1: i downloaded Salesforce Mobile SDK in to my local drive

Step 2: After downloading i run the install .vbs command (Windows)

Step3: I got an windows alert like

This is the error i am getting "Make sure git excutable is on your path variable".

How to resolve this?

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
Tom GersicTom Gersic

When you say "downloading" do you mean you downloaded the .zip file from GitHub? If so, you need to actually use Git to pull down the SDK.

All Answers

Tom GersicTom Gersic

When you say "downloading" do you mean you downloaded the .zip file from GitHub? If so, you need to actually use Git to pull down the SDK.

This was selected as the best answer
DurgaprasadDurgaprasad

yes. i downloaded the .zip file from GitHub and use Git to pull down the SDK

After that i run this install .vbs command in command prompt   , but i am getting windows alert like "Make sure the 'git' executable is on your path variable"

Can you give me any idea How to reslove this?

DurgaprasadDurgaprasad

Hello
I am very new to this platform. I am trying to use salesforce mobile SDK for android.

This is what I did:

Step 1: i downloaded the salesforce mobile SDK .zip file for android from GitHub and use Git to pull down the SDK.

Step 2: After that i run this install .vbs command in command prompt.

Step 3: But i am getting windows alert like "Make sure the 'git' executable is on your path variable"

Can you give me any idea How to reslove this?

Tom GersicTom Gersic

The confusing thing here is that your #1 doesn't make much sense. You both downloaded the .zip _and_ cloned the git repository? You only need to clone the git repository. The error you're getting is that Git is not being found on your computer. I don't have a Windows machine, so I'm not 100% sure of the setup processes on Windows, but how did you install Git? Did you use the installers here? http://msysgit.github.com/

If it's installed correctly, you should be able to go to your Windows Command Line, and type something like:

git --version

which should tell you something along the lines of:

git version 1.7.5.4 

DurgaprasadDurgaprasad

Thank you

DurgaprasadDurgaprasad

HI ,I am very new at this platform.

Currently i work on salesfroce.com.

In the salesforce.com i have create one object .

My doubt is can i insert data into perticular that object? 

Can you give some idea how do i insert data in to schema builder objects?

AGessnerAGessner

Hello,

I have the same problem. I cloned the SDK for Android from GitHub, but it doesn't work, in the command line I am getting windows alert "Make sure the 'git' executable is on your path variable".

Can you help me?

Tom GersicTom Gersic

Have you made sure git is on your system path?

AGessnerAGessner

How can I do that?

Tom GersicTom Gersic

Go to Windows CMD and try to run the git command

AGessnerAGessner

When I went to Windows CMD and typed the Git command, I get the error.

I found a link that explain about the git system variables, so I modified the PATCH variable and it's working fine.

Thank you.

raki_eegaraki_eega

Hi aGessner,

i am alos getting the same error, could you please post the link which you have used to solve the error.

please provide me the link ASAP, i am working on this from hours and couldnt able to solve the error.

thanks in advance

Regards,

Rakesh