function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Rashmi27Rashmi27 

Unable to run the android sample cloud tunes app

Xml's  in  CloudTunes -> res -> layout-> 

-> sf__custom_server_url.xml

-> sf__login.xml

-> sf__passcode.xml

-> sf__server_picker.xml

are errored out... these xmls have  ".../../../../SalesforceSDK/res/layout/sf__server_picker.xml"      ,

Please anyone help me how to fix, i am unable to run a simple sample app.

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
Rashmi27Rashmi27

I guess problem could be with the files in the proj, i am able to run app by downloading project from the following link :-

http://code.google.com/p/mypib-mobile/downloads/detail?name=CloudTunes.zip&can=2&q=

Note:-- This worked properly with Eclipse Classic IDE but not with Eclipse helios.

All Answers

Kevin HawkinsKevin Hawkins

Are you running on Windows, or something else (Linux/OS X/etc.)?

Rashmi27Rashmi27

Running on windows.

Did you run the install.vbs script after cloning the repository?

Rashmi27Rashmi27

No actually i directly imported from the  workspace.. i am not sure is this the proper way or not :)

In order for the development environment to function properly, you'll need to make sure you're getting the repository with git installed.  Not sure if you've installed git or not, but if not, information about installing Git for Windows can be found here.

Once you've cloned the repository with git, you need to run the install script, which will sync up everything and make it suitable for Windows-based development:

cscript install.vbs

More inforrmation about developing with the Mobile SDK for Android can be found in the native and hybrid sections of the repo, as well as in the Mobile SDK Workbook.

Hope this helps,

Kevin

Rashmi27Rashmi27

I guess problem could be with the files in the proj, i am able to run app by downloading project from the following link :-

http://code.google.com/p/mypib-mobile/downloads/detail?name=CloudTunes.zip&can=2&q=

Note:-- This worked properly with Eclipse Classic IDE but not with Eclipse helios.

This was selected as the best answer
Rashmi27Rashmi27

Thanks Kevin!..