function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
e r i c.ax249e r i c.ax249 

Salesforce Touch for other devices and operating systems?

I could be missing something here, but Salesforce Touch has always been, and is still, advertised to work with "any device", "anywhere".  I understand a phased rollout and what not, so it makes sense that it is only available for iPad 2 and 3 in the initial release.  But, there is no mention of when it will be available for any other device.  I'm specifically interested in Android 4.0 on an Acer tablet, but I can't find "any" information "anywhere" about it.  I just go to the site every so often (it's been a long time now) and all I've ever seen is "coming soon".  But then I came to know that it's already available for iPad 2 and 3 running 5.0 or higher.

geosowgeosow

In your org, go to Setup | Administration Setup | Mobile Administration | Salesforce Touch | Settings  (just type "touch" in the quck find of the setup page)

In the settings, set "Enable Touch Web" to true and hit save.  Browse to login.salesforce.com from a mobile browser and see what happens.

~George

e r i c.ax249e r i c.ax249

Hi George!  I enabled it, but when I go through Android devices, it does not redirect to the touch version.  My colleague did not have luck with his iPhone 4 either.  Another colleague will try from home with his iPad 2 tonight.  Maybe it will switch over to the touch version?  I guess we'll see.