function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
PBS_IC786PBS_IC786 

Dashboards on home pages

Is it possible to customize the home page of a standard/custom object with dashboards easily?
RickyGRickyG
I'm not sure if you are asking how to customize the actual dashboard or the home page itself.

You can customize a dashboard by going to the Dashboards tab.  You can change the dashboard on your home page by going to Setup - Change My Display and selecting the home page you wish to change.  With the Summer 07 release, you can replace the entire home page with an S-Control.

Hope this covers your question.

- Rick Greenwald
Developer Evangelist
PBS_IC786PBS_IC786
Actually, I was trying to find out if it is possible to change the main page on a custom tab to include dashboards.  I have dashboards which are relevant to specific tabs in my application and was trying to display them on the main page for those tabs when a user clicks that tab...any help/advice is greatly appreciated...

Thanks
RickyGRickyG
You can't put a dashboard on a custom tab.  With an S-Control, of course, you can build all kinds of user interface objects, and the new Summer 07 feature allows you to use an S-Control instead of a home page.  But you would have to recreate the dashboard by hand.

- Rick Greenwald
Developer Evangelist
Subhabrata_BasuSubhabrata_Basu
hi ricky can u elaborate on it how to use s-control instead of home page. like how to customize the custom tab home page with the s-control?
RickyGRickyG
Subhabrata -

You can find a lot of information on s-controls on the Wiki and in the on-line doc. Please check out some of this material to get an introduction to s-contols - you can do a lot with them, but they require coding.

Once you create the s-control you want to replace the home tab, it is pretty simple to simply use the Override choice to implement the replacement.

Hope this helps.

- Rick Greenwald
Developer Evangelist

ricky,

Thanx for your info. I have already gone through the online doc before posting queries.. and i've done some coding too to create different s-control applicatons. But what i want to know is how to override homepage using s-control. or atleast refer some doc where i can get some information regarding this.

RickyGRickyG
Subhabrata -

Go to the custom object whose home page you want to override. Look in the section titled Standard Buttons and Links.  The first entry should be the home tab for the object, and there should be a link on the far left called Override.  Click on that link, which will take you to a page to designate the s-control.

- Rick Greenwald
Developer Evangelist
yagnayagna
Hi,

I am trying to override the main "Home" tab. This is generally the first tab that you see after logging into SFDC. Where from can I insert my S control.

I had tried including some javascript and a small object query in a HTML Area that I created in the Home Page Components.

Thanks in advance,
Yagna
hi yagna,

u can really include s-control for each and every tab home page in salesforce. What u have to do is ... click on setup-customize and then the standard tab(for which you want to customize tab home page). then click on buttons and links. this click will navigate you to the edit buttons and links  page. there u can see the list of standard buttons and links and beside them there is a option override. then override the  object tab and give your desired s-control what you want to see in your standard object home page.
yagnayagna

But I want to Override the "Home" Tab which generally is the first tab in the Tab Pane ( The place where you see upcoming tasks, Calendar ect).

what specific change you want to do???? if you be a little bit more clear... it will be better for me answer more clearly
yagnayagna
I want to put some javascript/Show some sfdc data  in the Home Tab ( this is not the home tab of any object but the generic home tab). home tab where you see your calender, My Tasks, Dashboard View, and where you place Custom Links.
Ok. Now i got you. You can do one thing you can put up your s-controls within your dashboard and select that dashboard for youyr homepage view. But remember dashboard only shows it's first row within the home page. Or you can put some s-control data in the left pane of your home page as a custom link. Hope this will help you.
yagnayagna

hey thanks for the suggestion...i will try to put that scontrol there....

Thanks,

Yagna