function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Dave@FPDave@FP 

Listing picklist values from object

Basically I want to pull the "Products" object's list and put it into a picklist...but I haven't seen anything that makes this possible (YES I do use the search to see if I can find any resource on the subject). Has anybody done this before or have a clue where to go with it? I do realize that it wouldn't make sense to make this an option for everyone because they want to track old values and all of that - but that doesn't apply to the way we're doing things.

Thanks to anyone who helps! I hate having to ask...:smileytongue:
BlondeBlonde

Not sure what you mean when you say Products Objects but... If I understand you correctly you want the list of products in the Product Table to populate a pick list. 

If this is what you want - I don't know how to do this in an automated fashion based on a set timeframe - but I have exported the table values of the Product field - put them into Word, converted Table to Text seperated by Paragraph marks and then pasted that into my picklist. I only have to do this when our product names change or when a new product is added  - which is very infrequently.

Not sure if this answered your question. But hope this helps.

Dave@FPDave@FP
That's what I've done so far. I just thought it'd be best if it loaded from the products list - kind of seems like an obvious feature to me, but SF is still young :P
AkiTAkiT
There is some documentaion in developer.force.com under the s-controls topic on how to do something similar for the multiselect picklist. Try to browse through the examples in Wiki.

-Aki