function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
JR NonprofitJR Nonprofit 

Person Accounts and Reporting

I have set my organisation up for person accounts.  When I set up a report type and select account as the primary object, none of the contact fields appear to be available in the report unless I make contacts the first related object.  Unfortunately, then I don't have access to anything in other objects which are related directly to the account.

What can I do to make the contact fields available together with the account fields as per the intent of the person account?
Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
JR NonprofitJR Nonprofit

I tried this again and found the fields I was looking for.  While creating a new report type, I had to go to the field layout properties and pick I had to go to "View" on the right, "Add fields related via lookup" and I eventually found what I needed.

Thanks for the reply.

All Answers

learnSFlearnSF
I guess in select new custom type report,contacts & account type for report is a;lready there ,where you have both object's fields.
JR NonprofitJR Nonprofit

I tried this again and found the fields I was looking for.  While creating a new report type, I had to go to the field layout properties and pick I had to go to "View" on the right, "Add fields related via lookup" and I eventually found what I needed.

Thanks for the reply.

This was selected as the best answer