function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
MadChemistMadChemist 

Information on S-Controls

I am new to Salesforce and just finished customizing the first phase of our org.  I have some issues I am trying to circumvent relating to printable views of SF records.  I would ideally like to be able to create some way of printing records without using SF reports.  I do not like the format of these reports and have other reasons for wanting to print records.  I am not using this as a Sales application, but rather have customized it for a clinical research oriented company.

Someone I had talked to had mentioned using mail merge to provide another view of the records, or using S-controls to create the view I am looking for.  I have limited knowledge of Java, but have a roomate who is willing to help who is a Java Software Developer. 

I am trying to find some basic information on how to write S-Controls using Java but cannot seem to find any.  Does anyone have any links or information that can help me?  or have any other ideas about how I can print records without having to use a printable view?  I could probably export to excel but would need to be able to specify which cells the particular records are going to go to, and also need to format the sheet to my specifications.  Any help that anyone can offer me would be greatly appreciated. 

Thanks,

Joe
OneNewbieOneNewbie

This page provides a lot of information on how to write scontrols. https://wiki.apexdevnet.com/index.php/Composite_Framework#S-Controls

I think it is possible to achieve what you are looking as far as customized reports goes by using scontrols.