function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
BradDBradD 

On a related note to previous post...

The reason I need to send the output of the s-control to the screen is because it's updating a field in the profile - however the user needs to actually refresh the screen for the new field value to show up -- meaning, even though the data in the database is accurate, to the user, the value LOOKS old because apparently the view shows up before the database is updated with the update function.... anyone have this issue before as well? (I am summing up a total of related list items, and when they add a new related list item, my update to an "Amount" field is occurring successfully, it's just that when they first view the page after hitting save, the Amount field has the old value until you refresh (but it did update the field even though it shows the old value)....)
DevAngelDevAngel
Hi Brad,

You need to take a look at the $Action merge fields.  You can essentially have the page load, do the sum in your scontrol, and, if the sum is different from the old value, refresh the page.  The last step is important so that your page doesn't keep loading over and over in an infinite loop.