function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
michaellatideasmichaellatideas 

Time-Off Manager s-control installation problems?

Hi,

Has anyone successfully deployed the Salesforce Labs Time-Off Manager application?  I've got it deployed, but the Team Calendar s-controls aren't working for me.  It's probably not a browser thing, since it isn't working both on Firefox and IE.

I'm also a little confused about the Employee Number on the "My Time Off Balance" -- I'm seeing one of the numbers filled in, but not the other one.

We're hoping to be able to get this into place for 1/1/2009, so we're hoping to get this working quick!

Thanks,
Michael
Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
There is a line in the Team Calendar that needs to change -- instead of

Code:
<script type="text/javascript" src="/servlet/servlet.Integration—lid=01N300000001gOU"></script>

You will replace the id for whatever the Calendar Code snippet is in your particular org.  (Search for that snippet, copy the id, and then replace 01N300000001gOU.

Good luck!
Michael

All Answers

cmblackcmblack
Hi Michael,
I am having the same issue with the TOM calendar.  I saw you posted on the app review that you had to redirect the s-control to the proper scontrol code Calendar code snippet.  Can you provide that to me?  I have no idea where to find that.  Any help would be appreciated!  Thanks!
There is a line in the Team Calendar that needs to change -- instead of

Code:
<script type="text/javascript" src="/servlet/servlet.Integration—lid=01N300000001gOU"></script>

You will replace the id for whatever the Calendar Code snippet is in your particular org.  (Search for that snippet, copy the id, and then replace 01N300000001gOU.

Good luck!
Michael
This was selected as the best answer
cmblackcmblack
THANKS!!!!  Just updated that and it works like a charm.  I appreciate that!
GarrethRGarrethR
Hi Michael,

Have you got TOM working well in your organisation ? 

I can't seem to get the Team Calendar working (Have tried your suggestion, however when I review the Calendar_Code snippet, I can't find an ID for it ?)

Also, has anyone been able get the Time-Off Accrual Schedule defined for employees ? When a request has been made and it processed in the payroll, the hours get deducted yet no time gets added to those who have not submitted a time off request.

Any assistance would be great!

Thanks
Garreth

GarrethR -- the ID is the string on the Salesforce URL when you select the Calendar Code Snippet S-Control. 

so if it is https://na1.salesforce.com/a012525245 the id is  a012525245

(that's not a practical id, of course.)

GarrethRGarrethR
Thank you for the quick response Michael, it's now working :)
cmblackcmblack
I just realized I am still having a problem with the team calendar.  I see the holidays but I don't see the time off requests (approved/pending) at the team calendar view.  I can see it at the time off request calendar there but that's it.  Did you run into this as well?
Yes, that is what I am seeing as well.
cmblackcmblack
I have played a little with the s-control at the team calendar with no success.  If you find anything that stands out let me know.  I will do the same. 
GarrethRGarrethR
Have either of you two come across problems displaying the Processed, Pending Approval etc images in TOM ?
GarrethRGarrethR

Hi Michael,

Did you ever get the two Employee Numbers displaying in the My Time Off Balance ?

djrootdjroot

I have fixed this problem.  When you click on the various tabs in TOM you see a drop down for the different views (you may want to edit these defaults anyway).  Edit each view and remove "&nbsp;Status" and add "Status" in its place. 

When viewing the object, you may have noticed that there are 2 fields with the word status in them:

• Status - picklist (the one we want)
  • &nbsp;Status - formula/text used for the status image

The &nbsp; in HTML code is simply a single space.  This was likely a typo when TOM was created.  (You may have also noticed the same thing happened in the 2 Notes fields in the Time off balances object.)  I tried editing the field label to "Status Image", but the "Recent items" views still references the incorrect field and the images still do not show properly.  When this happens, the title on that column is "Status Image" instead of " Status".  Pictures are broken either way, so it seems that leaving the field name as "&nbsp;Status" is the lesser of 2 evils.

Hope this helps!

MicaiahFMicaiahF

The status can also be fixed by updating the IDs in the formula to the IDs of the images in the TOM Images document folder.

It might be interesting to folks that there is also a wiki entry for the TOM; http://wiki.developerforce.com/index.php/Time_Off_Manager_User_Guide 

dayo4everdayo4ever
The problem is in the Calendar Code S-Control. Try to catch exceptions on all functions. That way,you can get the problem. Cheers