function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
GunadharmaGunadharma 

Notify Email

After success creating one new Case by EmailToCase, Can the program send email respond to notify that one Case has been created?

Thanks,
MarkSilberMarkSilber

Yes. You can use the Autoreponse rules to setup a response to the person that submitted the email that opened the case. If you're referring to notifying an internal user that a new case was created, you can use Assignment or Workflow rules.

When setting up Autoresponse rules, make sure you include the Thread ID so future emails about the same case are automatically threaded.

NIKALNIKAL

Thanks Mark- This is what I've been looking for. However, being new to Salesforce, I am lost in a world of creating rules. Could you give me a clue on how to build this?

How do I build the Rule for all messages to be associated with a thread id?

MarkSilberMarkSilber

You can set the default options via Setup:

Setup -> Customize -> Cases -> Email-to-Case. In the setup screen, check the 2 options under the "When sending email from a case, insert Thread ID in the following sections:" (Email Subject, Email Body).

This will ensure the unique Thread Id is always inserted into the outbound emails sent from a Case. Let me know if you have additional questions.