function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
rpapegowdarpapegowda 

Data loader on UNIX

Hi,

Does anybody know how to install data loader on UNIX.

Thanks

vswamidassvswamidass

I have created a project to simplify the Data Loader CLI (Command Line) configuration, and I have instructions for using it on UNIX.

This is the project page:

http://code.google.com/p/dataloadercliq/

And this page has the UNIX instructions:

http://code.google.com/p/dataloadercliq/wiki/CLIqOnUnix 

Its a work in progress, so any feedback is helpful!

Vijay 

Aaron2010Aaron2010

bash-2.05$ ./cliq.sh -t
./cliq.sh: CLASSPATH=cliq.jar:../DataLoader.jar:lib/miglayout-3.7.1.jar:lib/jaf-1.0.2/activation.jar:lib/javamail-1.4.2/mail.jar:lib/commons-discovery-0.2.jar:lib/axis.jar:lib/axis-ant.jar:lib/jaxrpc.jar:lib/log4j-1.2.8.jar:lib/saaj.jar:lib/wsdl4j-1.5.1.jar:.: is not an identifier

bash-2.05$ ./cliq.sh -t./cliq.sh: CLASSPATH=cliq.jar:../DataLoader.jar:lib/miglayout-3.7.1.jar:lib/jaf-1.0.2/activation.jar:lib/javamail-1.4.2/mail.jar:lib/commons-discovery-0.2.jar:lib/axis.jar:lib/axis-ant.jar:lib/jaxrpc.jar:lib/log4j-1.2.8.jar:lib/saaj.jar:lib/wsdl4j-1.5.1.jar:.: is not an identifier

TheSwamiTheSwami

Hi,

The cliq.sh script requires /bin/sh on your system.  If that is not available, you'll need to edit the first line of cliq.sh and provide the path to sh on your system.  It may be /usr/bin/sh or /usr/local/bin/sh .

Vijay

Aaron2010Aaron2010

Thanks swami. I am not really a unix person but i was told to schedule the data loader on unix...  when i login into the unix box it says "Could not chdir to home directory /home/aengares" where aengares is my username... but i was able to login into the unix box after that message. Do i need to have my user account created under home directory? or how should i find "/bin/sh" is available for me or not? Can you please let me know if you need more clarity on my side..

Thanks for your time and help.

Aaron2010Aaron2010

I have replaced "#!/bin/sh" with "#!/usr/bin/sh" as i have "sh" under /usr/bin. But still i got the same error (Invalid identifier.. as in previous post)

Then i explicaitly ran the two commands that are in the cliq.sh file..

bash-2.05$  export CLASSPATH=cliq.jar:../DataLoader.jar:lib/miglayout-3.7.1.jar:lib/jaf-1.0.2/activation.jar:lib/javamail-1.4.2/mail.jar:lib/commons-discovery-0.2.jar:lib/axis.jar:lib/axis-ant.jar:lib/jaxrpc.jar:lib/log4j-1.2.8.jar:lib/saaj.jar:lib/wsdl4j-1.5.1.jar:.
bash-2.05$ java DataLoaderCliq $@
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError: DataLoaderCliq (Unsupported major.minor version 49.0)
        at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass0(Native Method)
        at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass(ClassLoader.java:539)
        at java.security.SecureClassLoader.defineClass(SecureClassLoader.java:123)
        at java.net.URLClassLoader.defineClass(URLClassLoader.java:251)
        at java.net.URLClassLoader.access$100(URLClassLoader.java:55)
        at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(URLClassLoader.java:194)
        at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
        at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:187)
        at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:289)
        at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Launcher.java:274)
        at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:235)
        at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClassInternal(ClassLoader.java:302)

Please let me know how to reslove this issue...

Thanks for your time.

vswamidassvswamidass

You might also try #!/usr/bin/bash or wherever your bash shell is actually stored.

If you run the commands separately like you show, the second line should be:

java DataLoaderCliq -t