function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
John ParmentierJohn Parmentier 

Map Nearby Accounts - Change from Billing Address to Shipping Address

The Map Nearby Accounts function has great promise for our organization but we would find the application to be more useful if the address mapped was the shipping address and not the billing address. Has anyone attempted to modify the necessary code and components to use this feature with the shipping address? If so, please advise.
Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
BlankaBlanka
Yes, indeed. This was just recently changed. There is a new app out there that will definetely work and can be customized quite a bit. Give it a try!

All Answers

BlankaBlanka

I have the same challenge John. Great app, but I would like it to map to the shipping address instead. I have tried to modify the codes, but not with too much success.I was told ( by the developer of the app) that this will be an available option in the next version of the app.If somebody out there knows the "How To"please share that with us!

Thank you

Blanka

ZippyZippy
Think this is resolved with a drop down letting the admin / user choose either shipping, billing or do not map...
BlankaBlanka
Yes, indeed. This was just recently changed. There is a new app out there that will definetely work and can be customized quite a bit. Give it a try!
This was selected as the best answer
ImaghrooriImaghroori

John,

That exact functionality has been built into the most recent version of the App.  You can determine whether the Billing or Shipping address will be used, or if the account should not be mapped at all.  Just by using the "Which Address to Map" field. 

pierre_eymardpierre_eymard

If you'd like some more customization done on the Nearby Accounts code, I'm your man.

http://sites.google.com/site/piworksproject/apex---visualforce

timbup2timbup2

How do you change the default address from Shipping to Billing BEFORE you run the Mass Locate Accounts, so that it doesn't mass locate on the Billing Address?

bkoehlbkoehl

Where do I find the "Which Address to Map" field?