function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
justynjustyn 

Time Off Manager errors

Hi

I've installed Time Off Manager in my not for profit edition (it took a while as the install does not seem to be straightforward....).

All looks ok apart from when I try to save a time off request. I get the following error message:

Error: Invalid Data. 
Review all error messages below to correct your data.

You cannot create Time Off Requests because your Employee Number is not configured. 

Does any one have any helpful thoughts on how to correct this?

Thanks

Justyn 

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
shillyershillyer

There's a field on the User object called Employee Number, have you set that for the User? It must match when you create a Time-Off Request record.

Hope that helps,

Sati

All Answers

shillyershillyer

There's a field on the User object called Employee Number, have you set that for the User? It must match when you create a Time-Off Request record.

Hope that helps,

Sati

This was selected as the best answer
justynjustyn

Hi

I think that solved that issue, although now I need to sort why the employee doesn't get the 'time-off requests' tab appearing when they login. They also seem to be able to access the 'setup' and so could change everything, so I've made a mistake somewhere! 

It's a shame that something that Salesforce developed isn't a nice straightforward installation.

Justyn 

shillyershillyer

"...although now I need to sort why the employee doesn't get the 'time-off requests' tab appearing when they login."

Do these users have that tab visible in their profile?

"They also seem to be able to access the 'setup' and so could change everything, so I've made a mistake somewhere!"

You can also remove this permission on their profile, so they don't see full Setup.

Hope that helps,

Sati

justynjustyn

Hi

Have sorted the 'time off request' tab problem. Can I ask what I should be looking for in the user profile in order to remove the permission for the 'setup' option to be available? What should I expect once it is done? 

Thanks for your help it is very useful to new as a new person. I'm wanting to use this for our not for profit and only need to think through our tracking of half days, sick leave and training. I don't know if this is something that this particular system could or should be used for.

Justyn 

shillyershillyer

There's a permission on the profile called View Setup and Configuration. Uncheck that and the users will not have access to App and Administration Setup.

Best,

Sati

justynjustyn

Found it. Only problem is that it is unchecked for the employee profile, but checked in the standard user profile and I can't see how to edit the standard user profile. I assume I must be missing something or maybe have not setup the profile correctly?

Justyn 

shillyershillyer

Some of the permissions on standard profiles cannot be changed, hence the ability to change it on the employee profile. You should clone the standard user profile, remove this perm, and use that going forward.

Best,

Sati

justynjustyn

As always a perfect and helpful reply. Thank you SO much.

Justyn 

justynjustyn

Hi 

I don't know if you can help on this problem, but there seems to be an apex warning being given when I try to submit a new time off request:-

Force.com Sandbox

Apex script unhandled trigger exception by user/organization: 005A0000000MqIW/00DR0000000FYpG Source organization: 00DA0000000IcHk (null)

time_off_request_before_trig: execution of BeforeInsert

caused by: System.Exception: Assertion Failed

Class.ptoPackage.adjust_pending_time_off: line 419, column 5

Trigger.time_off_request_before_trig: line 214, column 27

Do you think this might be something that I could rectify or is it something more fundamental with the app?

I hope you can help.

Regards

Justyn

Vinod KumarVinod Kumar

Hi all, in time off manager after approving the record owner was changing with the help of ptopackage class. But requestor is also changing. Where it is changing i am unable to finding. Can anybody know please tell me.

Thanks,

Vinod