function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
bnuckelsbnuckels 

EmailAgent60 problems

I am having problems getting the EmailAgent60 working.  It runs, and my config is correct as it connects to the mail server, but I am receiving a java.lang.NullPointerException any time it tries to process an email.  I've tried sending from different mail clients and it makes no difference.  I know people are using this application, so I'm not sure what the problem is.  It's an Exchange 2003 server.

I'm a developer, but not a Java developer, so I've been struggling with Eclipse trying to get the app built and running.  I've been able to build the app and resolved an issue with the j2sdk version (1.4.2_12) it was building with.  However, when running  SalesforceAgent, I get an error from the Java VM "Could not find the main class".  The Console in Eclipse shows "java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError: com/sforce/SalesforceAgent (Unsupported major.minor version 49.0)"

Can anyone help?

Thanks
fifedogfifedog
Just as a do'h check, you do have "Enable Email to Case" setting in salesforce turned on, yes?
bnuckelsbnuckels
Absolutely.
fifedogfifedog
did you do anything to the code?  There should be no reason for you to get into elipse.  The only parts to edit are the config files.
bnuckelsbnuckels
The only reason I was trying to get into the code was because I was getting a vague "NullPointerException" error and so I wanted to try to debug and find out exactly what the problem was.  As it turns out, it was that the SF account didn't have sufficient permissions.  However, I still wish I could run in the debugger as I might like to make some enhancements to the code now that it's working.  Was hoping an experienced Java developer might have some ideas.
Shishir VKShishir VK

Hi,

I am facing the exact same issue.

Could you please share with me, as what changes you did to get this tool up and running?

Thanks in advance.

Regards

Shisihr