function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Abhinav GuptaAbhinav Gupta 

Appcelerator Connector for Salesforce

I am planning to develop a mobile app using Appcelerator and force.com platform. I am new to Appcelerator platform and my top fear is stablity of Appcelerator connector, because of following reasons

1. Its not part of core salesforce  mobile sdk, I doubt its regularly updated and maintained.
  2. On the connector listing it says "iOS" as  supported operating system. Does this means no other os like Android, Windows etc are supported ?

My goal is to get native looking app, rather HTML for performance and other reasons. So I am opting for Appcelerator as it gives native binaries, otherwise could have opted for PhoneGap.

Based on above summary, can any experienced developers recommend me going forward on this path with Appcelerator ?

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
Gaurav KheterpalGaurav Kheterpal

As a part of the Appceleator Titans community, I'd like to chime in here as well.

1) IMO, the Appcelerator connector CAN NOT be a part of the Mobile SDK unless they add flexibility to support multiple frameworks. You should view it similar to the recently launched Mobile Packs for other JS frameworks.

2) Yes, I believe this is iOS only for now. +1 on Kevin's suggestion regarding building your own oAuth dance. The plugin is NOT certified to work on Titanium 3.x - it states compatibility with Titanium 2.0 and Titanium 1.8

I'm already working with Salesforce folks for helping build a Sencha Touch Mobile Pack. I can definitely consider spending time on get something working on Titanium 3.x - will keep you posted.