function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
PanchoPancho 

Problem with the Template App and SalesforceSDK for native Android

Hi,

I have downloaded and installed the new ADT bundle from Google.

http://developer.android.com/sdk/index.html 

I have followed the install directions here:

http://wiki.developerforce.com/page/Getting_Started_with_the_Mobile_SDK_for_Android 

There are no errors in the development environment, but when I run the project, I get this error in LogCat:

Could not find class 'com.salesforce.androidsdk.ui.SalesforceDroidGapActivity', referenced from method com.salesforce.androidsdk.app.ForceApp.isHybrid

I see that class listed under SaleforceSDK/src, which is part of my project.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
Kevin HawkinsKevin Hawkins

Actually, we decided to push a patch to master as well, to minimize complications.  So you should be able to get latest from master now, and have the Android tools issue cleared up.

I still recommend going with unstable20 if you can...but that's because we've been working on that branch for some time now, and tend to prefer it internally. ;-)

All Answers

There is a known issue with the latest version of the Android Development Tools and the Mobile SDK.  We've fixed the issue on our unstable20 branch, and are considering a backport patch to the main codeline.  However, the release of 2.0 (i.e. the unstable20 branch) is imminent (a couple of weeks out), and the code there is pretty stable at this point.

I'd recommend adopting the unstable20 branch (and the ADT fix, by extension) at this point, as the easiest means to rectify the issue.

Cheers,

Kevin

Actually, we decided to push a patch to master as well, to minimize complications.  So you should be able to get latest from master now, and have the Android tools issue cleared up.

I still recommend going with unstable20 if you can...but that's because we've been working on that branch for some time now, and tend to prefer it internally. ;-)

This was selected as the best answer
PanchoPancho

That's great news Kevin.

Thanks for the help.

God bless you.