function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
ralphralph 

Upgrade Mobile SDK in Xcode

How do I get Xcode to use Mobile SDK 2.0?

It currently uses SDK 1.5.

I renamed the folder SalesforceMobileSDK-iOS to xSalesforceMobileSDK-iOS and then installed SDK 2.0.

- thanks.

Vinita_SFDCVinita_SFDC

Hello Ralpf,

Please refer the section tutorial2 of the following workbook:

http://www.slashdocs.com/rmnys/mobile-sdk-workbook-web.html

Hope this helps!

Kevin HawkinsKevin Hawkins

The README of the repo should hopefully get you started.  One thing that's changed in 2.0 is that you no longer need to go to the Mobile SDK repository, if you just want to get started with your own app.  Take a look at the forceios npm package, which will get you directly to creating and starting your new app.

Note: If you've previously installed the 1.5 Mobile SDK, the old app templates will still show up in Xcode.  We'll send out an update soon, so that when you run install.sh from the repo, it will remove those old templates.  Alternatively, you can manually remove them yourself—they live in ~/Library/Developer/Xcode/Templates/Project Templates/Application/Hybrid Force.com App.xctemplate and ~/Library/Developer/Xcode/Templates/Project Templates/Application/Native Force.com REST App.xctemplate.

Hope this helps,

Kevin

Gaurav KheterpalGaurav Kheterpal

Kevin,

It would definitely help if template names mention the version number (1.5 or 2.0) as well - this removes ambiguity when chosing them in XCode. And obviously, it would be nice to have the install.sh updated to remove the older 1.5 templates as well.

Cheers!
Gaurav

FWIW, I raised this bug for fixing the install.sh script - https://github.com/forcedotcom/SalesforceMobileSDK-iOS/issues/368

Regards,
Gaurav

t_Christ_Chris

I'm halfway through a project at the moment using 1.5 and although I'm comfortable upgrading Xcode, I wonder how difficult it would be to migrate a project to the new version?

I've already got the application out as a beta build, so wondering If I'm best finishing the project on 1.5 to avoid any issues?

If any one has any thoughts on this, I'm all ears!

Cheers

Chris

We've upgraded a couple of our projects mid-way from 1.5 to 2.0 and did not face too much trouble. 

FWIW, the original issue mentioned in this thread has been fixed in 2.0.2 branch.

Hope this helps!

Gaurav