function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
BKBK 

DATA LOADER SOURCE CODE QUESTION

I have a couple of questions

1. How can I view and mod the dataloader code. I am a vb developer and I heard the data loader was written in java. Is there a vb edition?

2. If i can modify the code, is there anywway we could run a schedule task to exports certain tables to an ftp url nightly? Also, the files that are being uploaded need to be modified as well. For example, the phycial_zip_code in the account table will need to have a (') inserted in front of each zip code. Another example would be elliminate all carragie returns in the address field cells with a space ( " ") . How can this be done? Any sugeestions or helpful code?
benjasikbenjasik
There's no VB edition of the code

It sounds like you'd might be better of with a full blown ETL tool such as Pervasive, Scribe, etc. Check out the solutions here: http://www.salesforce.com/partners/solutions.jsp?id=Integration%20(EAI/ETL)

If you are going to do this yourself, you should be able to export the data, and then either use a Java ftp class to upload your files, or script it using perl or something else. Adding translations to the data loader would be a nice feature
TonioTonio
Hi Jadir, I was planning to use the Data Sync mechanisms of the WS API to get this accomplished. Could you please give me more details on how will the data be remotelly exported and then ftped to our local servers?

Thanks
Jose