function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
melhedgesmelhedges 

DBAmp Error: does not support the required transaction interface

I am trying to perform an update using SQL Express. When I execute the query, I get the following error:
Msg 7390, Level 16, State 2, Line 1
The requested operation could not be performed because OLE DB provider "DBAmp.DBAmp.1" for linked server "SALESFORCE" does not support the required transaction interface.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Melissa
qmanqman
Hi Melissa,

This sometimes occurs when the 'NonTransactedUpdates' Registry key is either misspelled or missing. Remember in the doc when you added those three keys to the registry. Go back with regedit and make sure the 'NonTransactedUpdates' key is correct.

If it looks good, then ping back here for more debugging options.

Bill Emerson
melhedgesmelhedges
It was in the registry, but I think the key entry was wrong. One more question, since you know all. ;-) I used the stored procedure to create the objects in my SQL database (as specified in the insall doc); however, it did not populate the tables with the data. Is that correct?

Thanks,
Melissa
qmanqman
What stored procedure did you use to create the objects ?

Bill
melhedgesmelhedges
SF_ReplicateAll
qmanqman
You should get data in your tables. There was probably an error when the Replicate proc ran. When you run it using the Management Studio, look under the 'Grids' section for messages. There should be a set for each object you are replicating.

Perhaps you have not run the DBAmp config pgm from the Start Menu/Programs/DBAmp. Make sure you have entered your Salesforce userid and password using the Configuration Options menu item.

Bill
melhedgesmelhedges
Actually it shows that it ran succesfully and I also ran the config program too. The one odd anomoly is the fact that it returnes output of NULL, even though the table creates just fine.
melhedgesmelhedges
Here's the output from the message when I attempt to exec.

--- Starting SF_Replicate for Account
Drop Account it it exists.
Create Account with new structure.
Run the DBAmpReplicate program.
--- Ending SF_Replicate. Operation successful.
qmanqman
After debugging with Melissa over the phone, this issue was a bug in the V2.3 and can be resolved by upgrading to the V2.3.7 version (available in the downloads section of www.forceamp.com).

Bill