function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
MogyMogy 

Email2Case :: problems with embedded images/attachments

Hello, we have started using the email2case tool in anger today (read - gone live).

We have faced an unexpected (but understandable) problem. If a user submits an email with the images embeded in the mail then it breaks the email2case. This scenario means that the image does not have a filename and so the parser has a problem with the null filename. it does not save it out or do anything at all except throw an exception. it will continue to do so until the email is moved out.

The problem has been described by others as I believe its the nullpointerexception in the getfilename method.

http://forums.sforce.com/sforce/board/message?board.id=sforceExplorer&message.id=89

Has anyone found this specific problem? more interestingly has anyone else found a fix for this or modified the code such that it handles the error better?

I am not a java programmer but am quite okay with a PC  so anything anyone has to offer would be great.

Many thanks for you time

Gareth

spazurespazure
Yes, Email-to-Case has issues with file attachments. You'll encounter a similar error with returned Undeliverable emails, as well.

I'm not sure what Salesforce is doing, but I and a few other developers have been digging through the code trying to see if we can beat them to a solution. The beauty of Email-to-Case is the fact that the source comes with it, almost like it's saying "play with me!"
PM_SalesforcePM_Salesforce
A new version of the email2case agent (1.5) has been posted to he Sforce Tooklits and Samples area.

This version should address embedded images and attachments.
spazurespazure

PM_Salesforce wrote:
A new version of the email2case agent (1.5) has been posted to he Sforce Tooklits and Samples area.

This version should address embedded images and attachments.

Awesome! Thank you for the update!