function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
kumakuma 

Email2Case help! : emai2case.bat process is automatically killed...

Hi,

I'm running email2case.bat on our server (linux run by dreamhost).
 When I run email2case.bat, it processes the emails correctly and I see the cases created in salesforce. However the batch process is automatically killed after the java program checked the emails in inbox for some reason...

./email2case.bat: line 2: 19626 Killed                  java -jar -Xmx256M Email2Case.jar sfdcConfig.txt log4j.properties

We are still in test phase, but would eventually like to run this batch as a cron process, so the email from our customers can automatically be created as case in salesforce.

Have anyone encountered the same problem?  Is there any way to keep it running on linux server?

I would really appreciate your help on this.

Thanks!!

-k

pm62185pm62185
Email2Case works GREAT in our installation! Had no problem whatsoever setting up the JAR files on our server. Perhaps a permissions problem? According to the instructions included in the help files, make sure you are entering the correct login credentials: 1.) For SFDC, 2.) For your Mail Server. Seems like a problem with attempting to run the sfdcConfig.txt file, which is a simple configuration file. If these are fine, then check which under which user account are you attempting to login your linux server. Might not have Admin rights.
kumakuma
Thanks for your note.

I actually found out that our server hosting company is running a sort of process wather and kill the process if they consider the process would crash their server eventually.

I tried using "nice -n 19", but it didn't work either. Now I'm just setting up crontab to run this script every "n" minutes, so it doesn't matter if their process wather kills my script everytime it runs. ;) It's not a greatest solution, but this is going to save our time until we will upgrade our server hosting service.

-k