function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
RaverRaver 

AppExchange Data Loader

Is the AppExchange Data Loader 8.0 going to be released as open source? The last updated release on the SourceForge project page is version 7 released last February. Also, it appears that the samples contain some configuration to set up what appears to be a spring managed database connection. Is there documentation or plans for documenting this configuration?

I'm hoping that the answer is yes on both the questions since this release appears to have a lot of unsurfaced capabilities.
benjasikbenjasik
It's under consideration.  Do you have a good use case for taking it and extending it?
RaverRaver
Benji,

Initially my interest is more in line with learning some techniques and hopefully best practices from the code. That being said, there are definitely some extensions that I would like to build. Besides database connections, I have seen many clients that would benefit from LDAP connections as well. This should be relatively easy to do especially with the Spring libraries. I probably would not ever directly load from LDAP but do an extract to CSV and then load into Salesforce.

Eric
ycharveyycharvey

I would like to be able to run the AppExchange Data Loader on a UNIX server. I ran the AppExchangeDataLoader.jar file on a UNIX server but received an error: "javax.crypto.BadPaddingException: Given final block not properly padded".

I logged a case with the salesforce.com support. They told me that QA does not have a UNIX environment. Therefore, the code has not been tested on a UNIX box and is not supported on that OS.

If I have the source code, I can then figure out what the problem is and customize it to work on the UNIX server.

Thanks.

gsickalgsickal
Can we get the java source for the latest version of the Data Loader (v9)?  I want to extend it to steamline the importing and exporting of data from several tables at once, such as importing related attachments and tasks for a custom object.
nehalshahnehalshah

Does anyone know how to install APEX Data Loader 7 on Sun OS? We have been trying to install according to instructions given in the readme.txt but keep getting following errors. Does anyone has seen this before? Please help.

Compile_dataloader:
    [javac] Compiling 106 source files to /usr/local/sforcedataloader/classes
    [javac] /usr/local/sforcedataloader/src/com/sforce/dataloader/client/PartnerClient.java:574: cannot find symbol
    [javac] symbol  : class UpsertResult
    [javac] location: class com.sforce.dataloader.client.PartnerClient
    [javac]     public UpsertResult[] loadUpserts(List dynaBeans, String externalId) throws RemoteException {
    [javac]            ^
    [javac] /usr/local/sforcedataloader/src/com/sforce/dataloader/action/visitor/UpsertVisitor.java:39: cannot find symbol
    [javac] location: package com.sforce.soap.partner
    [javac] import com.sforce.soap.partner.UpsertResult;
    [javac]                                ^
    [javac] /usr/local/sforcedataloader/src/com/sforce/dataloader/client/PartnerClient.java:620: cannot find symbol
    [javac] location: class com.sforce.dataloader.client.PartnerClient
    [javac]           UpsertResult[] ur = binding.upsert(externalId, sObjects);
    [javac]           ^
    [javac] /usr/local/sforcedataloader/src/com/sforce/dataloader/client/PartnerClient.java:620: cannot find symbol
    [javac] symbol  : method upsert(java.lang.String,com.sforce.soap.partner.sobject.SObject[])
    [javac] location: class com.sforce.soap.partner.SoapBindingStub
    [javac]           UpsertResult[] ur = binding.upsert(externalId, sObjects);
    [javac]                                      ^
    [javac] /usr/local/sforcedataloader/src/com/sforce/dataloader/action/visitor/UpsertVisitor.java:72: cannot find symbol
    [javac] location: class com.sforce.dataloader.action.visitor.UpsertVisitor
    [javac]       if (results instanceof UpsertResult[]) {
    [javac]                              ^
    [javac] /usr/local/sforcedataloader/src/com/sforce/dataloader/action/visitor/UpsertVisitor.java:73: cannot find symbol
    [javac]         UpsertResult upsertRes = (UpsertResult) results[i];
    [javac]         ^
    [javac] /usr/local/sforcedataloader/src/com/sforce/dataloader/action/visitor/UpsertVisitor.java:73: cannot find symbol
    [javac]         UpsertResult upsertRes = (UpsertResult) results[i];
    [javac]                                   ^
    [javac] /usr/local/sforcedataloader/src/com/sforce/dataloader/ui/ExternalIdPage.java:130: cannot find symbol
    [javac] symbol  : method getExternalId()
    [javac] location: class com.sforce.soap.partner.Field
    [javac]             Boolean isExternalId = field.getExternalId();
    [javac]                                         ^
    [javac] 8 errors

BUILD FAILED
/usr/local/sforcedataloader/build/build.xml:68: Compile failed; see the compiler error output for details.

AcumerrellAcumerrell
 Hi, Did anyone respond to you on this?  We have the same situation using data loader on a Unix server.  Worked fine until we changed the password.
rpr2rpr2
To make sure you didn't overlook the obvious --- when you changed the password, did you also add the new security token to your password when logging in?