function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
rgrantrgrant 

sforce connect sample code

Can't seem to get this to work with Excel 2000....can't find an Add-In....

I know it is advertised as only working in Excel 2003.....but seems like it would be useful to be supported as far back a the Office Edition?
fifedogfifedog
No I don't think so. The office addtion is a Salesforce thing, the connector was someone just writting some code on his own time. If he doesn't have time to go back and test it with all the version so be it.
ScotScot

As Pete pointed out, the support is all voluntary, and we wouldn't want to ask Ron to test out multiple versions.

Despite that, I'd expect it to work.  ( I used earlier versions of the connector with Excel 2000).

I'd suggest you post more information about what you tried and what didn't work ... your problem may be unrelated to the version of Excel.

Ron HessRon Hess
because I no longer have easy access to a Excel 2002 ( office 10) system , no back rev testing is done.

I have noticed minor incompatabilities creep into the src, thanks to some users. However minor they are there is usualy a cost to debug on back rev versions and I'd rather spend that time on new features, sorry.

If you like I can set you up with the oldest version i've kept, which was built on Office 10, however this is XML based (not soap) and would not access custom objects...

Another option is to debug the issues you find, if you have time, it's not too hard using the debug environment provided by MS and I'll be happy to add changes you identify back into the src.