function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
EKoenigEKoenig 

How to Sum up values from custom field outputs

Hey all, I am in a trial version and I am trying to customize...any help would be great. I have created a number of custom fields that output a number into other custom fields depending on what you enter.
   i.e. If you chose "value-buyer" in the custom field "Decision Maker's Buyer Type", it would output a value of "1" in another custom field called "Buyer Type".

What I want to do is add up all of the numerical values that are output into custom fields. The idea is to set a target number, and if the sum goes above it then the prospect is "qualified" and if its below then the prospect is "not qualified"..

Is this possible???
bg_richardbg_richard

Yep it's possible. All you need to do is create a new roll up summary custom field on the objects parent object (this assumes you have a master-detail relationship). If you don't already have a master object you can create a simple one, with just a name field, plus all the roll-up-summaries you want.

However, you may find it easier to simply define a report, and run a sum of your values. You could then create a dashboard, and use a Gauge object to link to the report, setting Unqualied and Qualified values appropriately.

Hope this helps, I've assumed a bit more SF knowledge than you may have.