function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
AMDawAMDaw 

Custom Assignment Rule: Declarative, Apex Trigger, or Impossible?

Hi All,

Long time reader, first time poster. Searched for any leads on this, but couldn't find much. If i'm missing something, please let me know ^_^.

I'm trying to create a case assignment rule based on the "To:" field of the attached EmailMessage record. However, this doesn't seem to be an option declaratively, and creating a trigger using the IDE doesn't list the EmailMessage object as an option. Is this just because that's dependent on Email-to-Case being enabled so it wasn't prepopulated, and it should still be doable, or is it going to restrict me because I'm not supposed to be interacting with that sObject (if that's the proper term).

I apologize in advance if this is a pointless comment as the answer is obvious and I've been missing it, but I've been going over this all day and I just can't see it.

Thanks,

Adam
RickyGRickyG
AMDaw -

Thanks for your long-time participation in the boards here. 

I am not that familiar with how email-to-case works, but I believe this type of information is available if you use Email Services.  Perhaps you could investigate that functionality and see if it would do for the result you are looking for.

Hope this helps.
AMDawAMDaw
Thanks RickyG,

I'll take a look at switching over, if that's what's necessary.

Cheers,

AMDaw