function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
gwyliegwylie 

How can I make the "View All" Standard Button on Activities Open in New Window or Tab?

Currently, when you press 'View All' it replaces the contact record. I then have to press cancel and 'Log a call' to add a new note in. Should I want to refer back to the previous activity history, there is no easy way to do this.

So, I'm thinking that, if we make the 'View All' (and preferably 'Log a call') pop open in a new window, this would enable the user to flick easily between them.

Can anyone help?
werewolfwerewolf
Well, the simplest method is a little user education, I think.  If you hold down the Control key when you click that link then it will open up in a new tab in both Firefox and IE7; I think in IE6 it opens a new window also.  It's a fair bit more difficult to make it open a new window in an automated fashion.
Ron929Ron929
The other option would be to use the console.  This allows you to view separate objects at the same time.  You could try this and see if it works for you.  Only the mini page views will be available, but it does give you another option.