function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
VarunCVarunC 

Eclipse Deployment Error

Hi ...

I'm getting this error for a Profile in my organization: "Permission Read Pricebook2 depends on permission(s): Read Product2"

I'm not able to find the place where Product2 or pricebook objects are editable.

in Security Settings-->Sharing Settings, i can see PriceBook object and have Default Access = "No Access".

Can anyone guide me, so that I canfix the error and proceed with the deployment. plz ..

Thanks.

shillyershillyer

Sounds like you should be able to go the profile and update the Product and Pricebook permissions to full CRUD. Product2 and Pricebook2 are the API names for Product and Pricebook.

Hope that helps,

Sati

Message Edited by shillyer on 02-17-2009 08:18 AM
VarunCVarunC

But these 2 Objects are not displayed in the Profile's Standard Objects List :(

shillyershillyer

Really? I see it right here:

You may need to clone an existing Profile to edit these fields. And then set your user to this new Profile.

Best,

Sati

VarunCVarunC

No I didn't have these objects in the profile :(

Sshot

The profile is "Standard Platform".

shillyershillyer

OH! You are using a Force.com Edition license, CRM objects (Leads, Opportunities, Cases, Products, Pricebooks, etc.) are not available in Force.com Edition.

You will need to login as a CRM user to get full access to all the CRM objects. The User License should be Salesforce, not Salesforce Platform. 

Best,

Sati

VarunCVarunC
Ok Thanks. But then again why is this error popping up .. it was not occurring before the Spring 09 Release ...
shillyershillyer
I'm thinking it's because you are using a Platform license. Not sure why the error started after Spring '09 release, but if you use a full CRM license and login that way through the IDE, does the error still occur?
VarunCVarunC
No i do not have Full CRM licence ... I guess need to get in touch with support :)
sellis360sellis360

I am getting this same error when deploying from my force.com partner ISV DE org to my personal DE org.  Was this ever solved?

thanks,

Steve