function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
JoshSutterfieldJoshSutterfield 

Excel connector not providing certain fields

Our Campaign object has a custom field Campaign_Master__c (containing a Campaign ID, the "parent" campaign basically), and this field is not available in the query!  Does anyone know why, or have experience with other fields missing?

Our Lead object is full of custom fields and at a glance, most of them are there but I notice one in particular that is missing.  Like Campaign Master it contains a Campaign ID, and in Salesforce this shows up as a link. 

I have found a few others and so far they are all custom lookup fields.  Is this as far as I get with the Excel Connector?  Is it because it can't do the lookup?  I notice it tries to lookup Owner ID's which gets it in trouble because it lists actual NAMES under Owner ID, then leaves others as ID's. 

Missing fields anyone?  Workarounds?
Thanks
Josh

IWyattIWyatt
Hi Josh,

1) I've also noticed this, and generally, what I do is change the API that the excel connector logs in to.

From Excel, click on your 'Sforce Connector' Drop-down and select 'Options'.
Under the 'Server url' section you may wan to try changing the number to 8.0

my server url looks like this:

Other than that, I'd ask your admin for help.

2) For the IDs vs. Names, what I've noticed is that Lead Queues often come through as IDs and only actual Lead Owners come through as Names. You can query using either format and the excel connector generally converts behind the scenes without you having to do anything.

Take neither of these as a fix-all solution (changing the API can have other consequences that I may not be aware of) but generally it works well for me.

Best,

IW
JoshSutterfieldJoshSutterfield
Bingo, that did the trick.  Thanks!  The connector was a lifesaver even with the workaround I had to do to update the missing field, but next time I've got that covered too.