function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Angela1140Angela1140 

HELP - Can't get excel connector to work - possible bug?

I am using excel connector to easily delete the mass emails and tasks that we have in sales force to open up some more room. 
When i call up all emails with the sent date less then 10/31/2007 it pulls up emails from both before that date and after.  When i start a new query with emails with the sent date greater then 10/31/2007 it pulls up the same emails.

I am getting frustrated because i have been trying to use this off and on for a few months with no success. Sales force is not able to help me.  Does anyone know the number for excel connector support?

Help is very much appreciated!
MaytenMadisonMaytenMadison
I may be able to help.  I am not sure there is an Excel Connector support line. Are you writing the queries yourself or are you using the query wizard?
j_wennerj_wenner

What I have done in the past is get the values I want within reports and include the record id for the record you want to mass delete.    Then, export that report.   Using the record id from the exported report, you can then use the Excel Connector to mass delete the records.   

I usually open a new document in Excel, then use the Excel Connector to pull all the records where a particular field = 1 (which can never happen), just to get the Excel document "initialized" and blanked out (no data retrieved), but the column headings are there.

Then copy and paste the column of record ids from your exported report into the new Excel document, and do your mass delete.   I do this all the time with mass updates, so it should work the same for mass deletes.

let us know how this works for you...   I use Excel Connector every day!!!   :)