function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
chrisrichterchrisrichter 

Salesforce: Login() issue...any help?

I had an Excel issue and, having followed all the variations of uninstalling the add-in, deleting the toolbar, restarting Excel, and reinstalling the sforce_connect.xla.  I have uninstalled/reinstalled the office and outlook environments from salesforce.  

My connector toolbar looks different than before when it would show me logged in / not logged in.

I receive:
"
Salesforce: Login()
unknown error
Object variable or With block variable not set. 
"

Any thoughts?

fifedogfifedog
try logging out of the session, via the connector option, then running the query again. It should ask you to log in.  I get that too when I believe my session timesout.
chrisrichterchrisrichter
I appreciate the reply.  I guess my issue is that I can't get it to ask me to login. 

I'm not nearly savvy enough to figure out what is wrong, but I can use items from the xla...for example, I used fixidsel / fixidcol from the Run Macro option in the VB Editor for something else that I need. 

It shows 'not logged in' in the user field between Logout and Options.

I should preface this by saying I have no idea what I'm talking about, but those same words came up in the Login module for 'no_user.' 

Is this enough information to know where my issue is even coming from?  I have run nearly every possible combination of unistalling/reinstalling Outlook Edition, Office Toolkit, and deleting/uninstalling the connector, toolbars, etc.

Code:
'
' Login and init a session, interact with registry a bit
'
Option Explicit
Private username As String
Private password1 As String
Private salesforce As CSession     ' uses SFDC COM Toolkit module
Private Const no_user As String = "not logged in"

Ad_InfosysAd_Infosys

If you could help me in finding out which all users in the org are logged in at a certain moment.

Thanks