function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
AndrewBAndrewB 

Cannot get excel connector to work with new security token

I have been scouring the boards for a month now looking for a solution to this problem but can only see people unhappy about constantly having to revalidate their pc when using a different IP address.

I haven't got it to work ever!   I have been using connector for Professional Edition for a year with no problems - it is a fantastic tool.   However when the new security token came in it kept on refusing to authorise the login - and I was very careful to add the token properly.

I always log in from different IP address, but surely it should have worked at least once.   Can anyone help?

Thanks
maggiebmaggieb
I'm having the same issue - I work in many locations, but even if I log in from the same IP in the same day I have to renew the token....
PiperDriverPiperDriver
Have you tried using the Windows Notepad editor?  Try typing your password into Notepad, then paste the token in behind it.  Copy the entire string out of Notepad and  paste it into the Connector's password field.  It worked for me - if you haven't tried it - give it a shot.

Chris MooreChris Moore
Copying and pasting into Notepad worked for me too. I found out that the problem was when I double-clicked the Security Token in Thunderbird it was adding a line break to the end. Now I've gotten over the login problem, I found out that API is not enabled for the Group edition.