function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
FloxFlox 

Login error

When trying to login (using the connector) I receive an error saying Username, password, token or user not valid or blocked. Exception code: 5078.

The login information is correct becasuse it is being used in another PC in another location with no problems at all.

Any ideas what is generating this error?

Thanks.

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
JakesterJakester

The security token doesn't have to be generated on a particular computer, but it does need to be current with your current password - they change each time you change your password. To be sure the token is valid, you can try logging in with your browser to salesforce.com and paste it after your password.

Also, regarding adding your ip address, make sure it's your external ip address. Check this by going to www.whatsmyip.org - it will show your external ip at the top of the page in a big font.

All Answers

JakesterJakester
Try adding your security token after your password, or add your ip address to the network security setup in Salesforce.
FloxFlox

I was already adding the security token after the password. Added my IP to the network security setup in Salesforce too but got the same error.

The security token was not generated from this computer, it was generated a couple of months ago from the computer at work (in which the connector works fine), is that an issue?

Thank you!

Regards.

Florencia. 

JakesterJakester

The security token doesn't have to be generated on a particular computer, but it does need to be current with your current password - they change each time you change your password. To be sure the token is valid, you can try logging in with your browser to salesforce.com and paste it after your password.

Also, regarding adding your ip address, make sure it's your external ip address. Check this by going to www.whatsmyip.org - it will show your external ip at the top of the page in a big font.

This was selected as the best answer
FloxFlox

There was actually some kind of problem with the token, I regenerated, used the new one and finally worked ok on both computers.

Thanks a lot for your support.

Regards.

Florencia.