function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Steven MSteven M 

Can I use Connecter to mass change Contacts to Person Accounts?

We've implemented the use of Person accounts earlier this year and I need to convert all our previous contacts that were in reality B2C clients to Person accounts. Can I use Connector to achieve this and if so, how? Thank you for your help!
forcedotcomforcedotcom

My understanding is that person accounts are just account records with a 'special' record type - therefore you could just change any of your existing account record types to the person account record type.

You could use either the excel connector or the data loader to do this.

Regards,

forcedotcom

Steven MSteven M

Perhaps I explained myself badly :)

I have contacts that have an account with an identical name (from before person accounts were introduced). All the client's details are in the contact environment as are transactions, events and tasks (NOT int he account area). I want to transform all these "individual clients" from contacts to "person accounts" so that our data is consistent.

Steve :-/Steve :-/

I think you can do it by exporting your Contact data and re-uploading them as People Accounts (you'll probably need to append the Record Type Id and maybe a few other fields to your upload records).

After you've QC'd you new Person Account Records, you can delete the Standard "Company" Accounts using the Account Id's from your original Account export file.

ScrapsScraps
It might be best to merge them one-by-one to ensure the related activities etc are carried across.