function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
jd_labbejd_labbe 

Custom fields not pulled in Account Query

Hello,

I just started testing this plug-in last week and loved the flexibility. I just created 2 custom fields in the Account Object, but was unable to pull the 2 fields with a query. Any idea why custom fields are not brought into the query? I am using Office 2007 and everything else seems to work fine.

Thanks!!

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
john8407john8407

Try logging out of the connector and logging back in.  May help to change the API too.  If you click advanced, change the 6.0 to 14.0

All Answers

john8407john8407

Try logging out of the connector and logging back in.  May help to change the API too.  If you click advanced, change the 6.0 to 14.0

This was selected as the best answer
NonickSMSNonickSMS

Would just like to point out that I had a similar problem today, having had it in the past, changed to the latest version, 18, then 17, then 9, then 10, then 11. Thought problem was elsewhere, played with visibility, deleted a legacy field. v14 is the only one that accurately displayed the field.

rscottrscott

Changing the API version to 16 worked for me.

WiggersWiggers

Dumb question here - I suspect a colleague is having the same issue - I can see all fields, but she cannot see a number of them in the same object.

So the question is how do you change the API? Is this a re-install needed for the software? Can you tell I am not a tecky?

rpr2rpr2

First check to see if she can see the missing fields when using the UI.  For example, if she tries to create a custom view for the object in question or a report, can she see the fields?  If not, it is a security issue and you will need to check her security for those fields.

If she can see the fields, then check which API version she is using in Excel Connector.  v16 is a good one to use.  To check this, in the menu of the Excel Connector, go to Options and then the Advanced tab. 

https://na5.salesforce.com/services/Soap/c/16.0

The na5 part is my Salesforce instance.  Yours may be different.  Don't change that part.  Just change the number at the end of the string if less than 16.0:

Rhonda

WiggersWiggers

She can see everything thorugh the UI as has full Sys admin access, so looks like it must be the API version. Don't understand how that works but if it does, I won't need to understand!

Thanks for your help, I must visit here more often.

rpr2rpr2

Here's the explanation:  With new releases, it is common for some new standard fields to get added to the system.  When using an older API version, those standard fields won't show up.  So if it's standard fields that she can't see, this should resolve the issue.

Report back whether or not that works for you.