function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Carolyn_AdamsCarolyn_Adams 

Using Excel Connector on Two Instances

I am having a problem logging into Excel Connector because I am trying to log in to a different instance of SF than the one I originally installed the connector in. Does anyone know how this can be done?

I am able to log in perfectly to my original account i.e. email@account1.com with my password and security token. Whenever I try the second though (email2@account2.com with password2 and security token2) I get the "Error Generated by request::Invalid Username, password, security token, or user locked out. Exception Code : 5078" message. I have verified the username, email, and security token, and have also tried to whitelist my IP adderss and not use a token. No luck either way...

Also, I am trying this in two different instances (NA5 and NA4). I wonder if that is a contributing factor... I see how to change that in the Data Loader and have done so successfully, is there a similar setting needed for the Excel Connector? Or do you think it is something else entirely???

GuyClairboisGuyClairbois

Carolyn,

you don't have to do anything special to switch between 2 instances. I do it all the time.. As long as they're both production. If you want to switch between production and sandbox you have to change the login url between login.salesforce.com and test.salesforce.com.

If that's not the problem, then I'm afraid it's just a typing error in username/password/security token.......