function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Justin Z.Justin Z. 

Lead Assignment Rule Email Notifications Not Sent

When Inserting Rows with the Connector, the Leads are being assigned to the correct Owners, but the Owners are not receiving their e-mail notifications.

1. I have Trigger Default Lead Assignment Rules on Create enabled in Sforce Connector Options.
  2. I have Assignment Rules properly configured to assign to owners and notify the owners via e-mail.
  3. Leads are inserted beautifully into Salesforce and the owners are being assigned properly, but the owners are not receiving the e-mail notifications.

Any help would be very appreciated.  Thanks!

jroyaltyjroyalty

Unfortunately, the excel connector bypasses the email generation and I don't know of a way to enable it. Since it does tell you the index of the new record, you could use concatenate to build up a URL for each record and then email in bulk the new leads to the owners.

If you have far too many different people being assigned leads for that to be practical, some other option to bulk send emails (Using the data generated in Excel) would have to be found. I don't know offhand any good ways of doing something like that, though.

Justin Z.Justin Z.

Shucks.  I was hoping you wouldn't say that.  This tool is insanely useful, and I intend to use it as an admin going forward.  I wonder why they have it bypassing the email trigger?  I'm sure I'm not the only person who wants this.

jroyaltyjroyalty

I believe it's due to the quantity that can be modified with the connector, and no easy way to toggle whether it would send them or not.  For instance, I've reassigned hundreds of records before -- that would result in a huge number of emails to the new owners if it automatically generated them.