function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
AdminisaurusRexAdminisaurusRex 

Custom Object Vanished from Table List

I am wigging out because my custom object has vanished from the list of tables that I can query.

This object, "Object A" is a "detail" object in a master-detail relationship where the Contact table is the "master" object.

Recently I created another new custom object, "Object B" and made that into another "master" object for this "Object A".  So Object A has two masters, Object B and Contacts.

Doing this completely messed up my organization:

My users lost their list views

Several reports are now "obsolete" and will not run

But the data is still there, and it is intact.

Can someone please advise me on how to make my Object A re-appear in the Excel Connector?  We are using Enterprise Edition.

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
fifedogfifedog

Easy there... what you need to do is change the Server URL to go to the latest API. It's now something like 6 correct? change it to 12.

See screen shot: http://screencast.com/t/ZfeeeHhJL

As for your views and reports, yes those are lost and have to be recreated.  Since you're changing the database archetictur, master-detail, these are those areas which are lost because of such change.  

If you don't know what those views and reports where, remove the newly added relationship to a lookup. then make notes of everything.  Sorry don't know of any better answer.

Message Edited by fifedog on 02-17-2009 03:55 PM

All Answers

Also, I have tried uninstalling and then reinstalling the connector.  That did not work.
fifedogfifedog

Easy there... what you need to do is change the Server URL to go to the latest API. It's now something like 6 correct? change it to 12.

See screen shot: http://screencast.com/t/ZfeeeHhJL

As for your views and reports, yes those are lost and have to be recreated.  Since you're changing the database archetictur, master-detail, these are those areas which are lost because of such change.  

If you don't know what those views and reports where, remove the newly added relationship to a lookup. then make notes of everything.  Sorry don't know of any better answer.

Message Edited by fifedog on 02-17-2009 03:55 PM
This was selected as the best answer

Wow. After a very relestness night contemplating some very unsavory work-arounds, finding your message today was better than waking up to Christmas morning (as an adult).

As far as I know, this was the final problem caused by my additional m-d relationship.  After working with the SF Help desk to fix everything else, they determined that I could use my sandbox to refresh everything back to the way it was.  But by that point, my users had already re-created their views, and some were even glad to have all of their "junk" ones wiped out.

So everything is back to normal over here.  Thanks so much for your swift and excellent response.

fifedogfifedog

I'm glad to be of help. I've been off of the boards of late however I'm happy you found your answer here. 

I too never really paid attention to the API's myself till I ran into this same issue a couple years ago myself.  Every now and then the API version dictates what can or can not be seen. The Old API 6 version doesn't know about a Master - Master relationship therefore those aren't displayed. 

Will_MMWill_MM

Fifedog, thank you so much for this little nugget of gold. 

Highly appreciated! I always wondered why the connector never displayed all the new stuff we put in. 

Cheers Mate