function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
miasantos1miasantos1 

sforce office toolkit compatible with excel 2010?

Has anyone successfully added in the sforce toolkit and sfdc excel connector within excel 2010?

jsorribasjsorribas
miasantos1miasantos1

Hello!

Thank you so much for the link.  It worked!

Warm Regards,

Maria

SvelmaSvelma

Hi,

This does not work for office 2010 64-bit on windows 7. Does anybody know how to get a sforce explorer add-in on Excel 2010 on windows 7 64 bit?

Thanks,

Velma

fryguyfryguy

Yes, I am running it today with Professional Edition and the same setup you describe: Excel 2010, Win 7, 64-bit.

Figuring it out was a challenge, but here is what you do:

1. Use the Excel Connector Quickinstaller, developed by Acumen Solutions, is available at http://code.google.com/p/excel-connector-quickinstaller to install the Sforce Office Toolkit (which you need to do first).

2. If you have Prof Edition, install the Winter11 version of the PE connector, NOT the version of connector in Acumen's installer.

Once you get it running, you will also need a new Security Token to append to your password when you run a query. You can get a new token by going to Setup in Salesforce.

SvelmaSvelma

Hi Fryguy,

Thanks for the reply. We have unlimited edition in our org. Is it the same for Unlimited as well? Also, what should I be doing after installing office toolkit? I am sorry I did not get your point no.2. 

Thanks.

fryguyfryguy

From what I can tell, there are different versions of Connector for Enterprise and Professional. You may want to try both and see if either work.

After installing the Toolkit, go here: http://code.google.com/p/excel-connector/ and bookmark the page. This is the open source repository for the connector. Then click on Downloads and you will see three versions of the connector plus some other stuff. Try installing the different version and see if one works for you. I use the PE Winter 11 version, which works well for me since we have the Professional Edition of SF.

ONE MORE THING: When you run a query using the Connector, it asks for your password plus a Security Token. This is how Salesforce authenticates you before exporting from your database. You'll need this before you can use the Connector. You can get a new token by going into the Setup in Salesforce, then Personal Information, then Reset My Security Token.