function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
ahab1372ahab1372 

sforce excel connector - query for null values in doubles

I get an error message when I query for null values in double fields (currenciy fields for example).

Error Generated by request::
Opportunity where Type = 'Renewal' and Original_Renewal_Value__c =''

ERROR at Row:1:Column:56
value of filter criterion for field 'Original_Renewal_Value__c' must be of type double and should not be enclosed in quotes
ExceptionCode : 5077

This has been asked and solved for dates (example here: http://forums.sforce.com/t5/Other-Salesforce-Applications/Date-in-Query-gives-Error-Generated-by-request-ExceptionCode/m-p/160107), but for doubles it seems to be different. I digged through the code trying to get NULL into the query string, but with no luck.

Any ideas?

Peter_sfdcPeter_sfdc
Using my own custom object, I have a currency field called Unit_Price__c in an object called Line_Item__c. 

Using the workbench (workbench.developerforce.com) I performed this query: 

SELECT Id,Price_Override__c,Invoice__c,Line_Item_Total__c,Merchandise__c,Name,Quantity__c,Unit_Price__c FROM Line_Item__c where Unit_Price__c = null

I have a single record with no value in that field which was successfully returned. 

That is a currency data type, so just to check, I tried it again with a plain old double data type field called Price_Override__c: 

SELECT Id,Price_Override__c,Invoice__c,Line_Item_Total__c,Merchandise__c,Name,Quantity__c,Unit_Price__c FROM Line_Item__c where Price_Override__c = null

Again, successful return of all records matching that criteria. 

Have you tried this yet? If it works in the workbench for me, and not in the excel connector (which I cannot test, unfortunately having a Mac), you may be stuck in the unfortunate situation that the platform supports what you want, but not the tool (the excel connector). In which case, while I understand how convienient the excel connector is, you might be forced to use a different tool such as JitterBit, dataloader.io, or workbench (which does give the option of output to CSV).