function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
TJourdanTJourdan 

Inverse of Excel Connector sfaccount

I have been using the sfaccount function within excel to yield the account ID but now have a need for the inverse, to identify the name via the ID. Any help?

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
Lee_SFDCLee_SFDC

I don't know of a direct way to do this with a function but I'd try these workarounds. Hopefully it works in your use case. 

1) Change the Excel Conector settings to return the Account Name instead of the ID. Go to the Add-ins | Force.com Connector | Options | Related Names.

Check the box for "Additional Query to lookup and report Account Names in the Account ID column for tables that relate to Accounts. 

For example in if you have a data table with Order as the table and a list of order IDs the Account field will return either  the Account ID or the Account name depending on this setting. 

2) Build an adjoining table next to your Account IDs that looks up Account ID and Account Name. 

See the first example in the Joining Tables section on one way to get the account name from the account ID using two tables. 

https://code.google.com/p/excel-connector/wiki/JoinTables

All Answers

Lee_SFDCLee_SFDC

I don't know of a direct way to do this with a function but I'd try these workarounds. Hopefully it works in your use case. 

1) Change the Excel Conector settings to return the Account Name instead of the ID. Go to the Add-ins | Force.com Connector | Options | Related Names.

Check the box for "Additional Query to lookup and report Account Names in the Account ID column for tables that relate to Accounts. 

For example in if you have a data table with Order as the table and a list of order IDs the Account field will return either  the Account ID or the Account name depending on this setting. 

2) Build an adjoining table next to your Account IDs that looks up Account ID and Account Name. 

See the first example in the Joining Tables section on one way to get the account name from the account ID using two tables. 

https://code.google.com/p/excel-connector/wiki/JoinTables

This was selected as the best answer
TJourdanTJourdan

Phenominal. Thanks.