function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
AvinAvin 

Remove Recycle Bin access

Hi,

From my salesforce instance, I want to remove the access of deleting of records from Recycle Bin.

OR Is it possible to hide Recycle Bin link from Home page.

Please let me know the possible solution

Thanks,

Avinash

Sonam_SFDCSonam_SFDC

Hi Avinash,

Unfortunately its not possible to remove the Recycle Bin link from users Home page.

But just so you know, the Empty your Recycle Bin or Empty your organization’s Recycle Bin  is only available to users with Modify All Data permission.

Normally users can only undelete from Recycle Bin so they won't really have access to removing data from recycle bin unless it deletes automatically after 15 days.

navy11jain@hotmail.comnavy11jain@hotmail.com

Hi 

it's possible to remove recycle bin from the page, just create home page component using javascript:

<script type="text/javascript" src="http://ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery/1.4.2/jquery.min.js"></script><span id="hideMyParentsp"></span><script>$(document).ready(function() {  $('#sidebarDiv #hideMyParentsp').parent().parent().hide();      }); </script><script type="text/javascript">window.onload = function(){var x=document.getElementsByTagName("img");for(var i=0;i<x.length;i++) {  if(x[i].title=='Recycle Bin')  {     var dtag = x[i].parentNode.parentNode.parentNode; dtag.style.visibility='hidden';       } }var xx=document.getElementsByTagName("span"); for(var ii=0;ii<xx.length;ii++) {  if(xx[ii].innerHTML=='Recycle Bin')  {  xx[ii].style.display='none';   } } }; </script>

now check this component in home page layout.

Accept this ans, if it works according to your requirement.