function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
sfdcfoxsfdcfox 

Where did private messages go to?

The old developer forum had private messages, but the new forum doesn't appear to. Ironically, I got a message on the 23rd of December saying that I had a new private message. Clicking on the link results in an error page. Are there private messages, and if so, how do we get to them? Furthermore, if not, when will they be available?
Best Answer chosen by sfdcfox
Jacob LehrbaumJacob Lehrbaum
@sfdcfox: can you forward me the alert you received?  jlehrbaum at salesforce dot com?  At the moment we do not have plans for private messaging on our short term roadmap.  Are you looking to message other members directly, admins, or....?  Thanks for the feedback!

@digamberlucky: can you also send me more details about what you are seeing?  the data migration should be complete so I'd like to better understand the issue you are seeing. 

All Answers

digamber.prasaddigamber.prasad
Same happen to me. Looks like migration from older board is still in progress. Even when I tried to access comment on my post, it was all gone.
Same happen to me. Looks like migration from older board is still in progress. Even when I tried to access comment on my post, it was all gone.
@sfdcfox: can you forward me the alert you received?  jlehrbaum at salesforce dot com?  At the moment we do not have plans for private messaging on our short term roadmap.  Are you looking to message other members directly, admins, or....?  Thanks for the feedback!

@digamberlucky: can you also send me more details about what you are seeing?  the data migration should be complete so I'd like to better understand the issue you are seeing. 
This was selected as the best answer
sfdcfoxsfdcfox
I sent you the email I received (one of two), they were about a day apart, both after the freeze date by almost a week, including headers.

I often respond to private messages in the form of users requesting my assistance directly or messaging "confidential" type information, such as code that shouldn't be available to the general public.

I have no need or intent to message someone right this moment, I usually only reply.
@Jacob - Thnx for you reply! Now I can see all my replies. However, I don't get any email as per notification on my question or on reply to topic I am involved. For instance, I am in this thread, however, when you replied to this, I didn't get any email notification. Could you please validate if this is expected behavior? If yes, it's not interactive & user friendly.

Regards,
Digamber Prasad
Hi Digamber, 

Apologies for not replying to this previously!  There was indeed a bug with how notifications were working but we have fixed the bug a couple weeks ago and you should be receiving notifications at this point (and should receive one for this post).  Let me know if you get it!

-Jacob