function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
hy.lim1.3897974166558203E12hy.lim1.3897974166558203E12 

Case feed unable auto include CC list & body text

Hi i have case feed & email to case enabled  in my salesforce org. i have a situation where my customer send in email to my routing email and CC some other ppl.

In case feed, when i select answer customer the CC list member is gone, how can i remain the CC list from the original email?

And i have a email template which will load the message body -> {!EmailMessage.TextBody} but it wont load the body. any idea?
Sonam_SFDCSonam_SFDC
Did you try replying to the same email from the Email related to list rather than Case feed?

In the Email related list - click on Reply to all and see if you get all the cc'cd email addresses in the correct field.

hy.lim1.3897974166558203E12hy.lim1.3897974166558203E12
The problem is our customer wanted to use the case feed as it has the default template features..
Sonam_SFDCSonam_SFDC
Ok I checked this on my test ORG  and following is what I have observed:

when a customer responds to the email - the case feed shows the email and you have two buttons to choose from - reply or reply All
When I select Reply All - I see the cc'ed email addresses intact and am able to select the email template.

Could you please confirm if you are seeing the same behavior but are not able to see cc emails when you click on reply All? 
Kevin StrangeKevin Strange
Here's the real problem. 
When you use the default email publisher (answer customer or Email action) Salesforce can load a default template or a template based 
 on various case fields - this setting is in Case Setup - you need to write or build a Template selector - there are numerous available online 
 they all work - the problem is when you click reply, or Reply all - the default template doesn't load. In fact, there is no template at all. 

What is the point of having a template selector - that won't select a predfined default template.  Yes I understand a user can click 
 the template link and conveniently select a template - that's a great feature - but it's not reality, this is basic email functionality here, 
 very basic.  

Making matters far worse is that if you create a custom email publisher - even the simplest of forms, the Reply and Reply All 
 links conveniently disappear from the case feed. 

So, in winter 15 , using Case feeds, it is impossible to set a default email template, it is impossible to reply to a specific email message
 out of a thread of messages, and there isn't anything custom about anything here because the relity is youhave to use the default email 
 publisher - end of story. 

I have spent countless hours and days trying to figure out a workaround to these issues and have come up empty on all fronts.

Ido Greenbaum 10Ido Greenbaum 10
Kevin - any luck with this? Are you aware of any possible workaround to make the 'Reply' and 'Reply All' fire the Template Selector and populate the much needed template? 
Kevin StrangeKevin Strange
Nope - not yet - I've been watching closely but so far I haven't heard anything as to a fix. We train our way around this but still it's not an effective solution. Sorry...  What exactly is your issue? Just the templates not loading?

Thanks Kevin. 
I actually made the EmailTemplateSelector implemeted allright, and the desired Template populates properly on initial load. 
The issue is that it doesn't re-fire when hitting 'Reply', 'Reply All', or just omposing another Email in the exisiting Tab. 

I've posted this new question to the Community https://developer.salesforce.com/forums/ForumsMain?id=906F00000009DouIAE#!/feedtype=SINGLE_QUESTION_DETAIL&dc=Developer_Forums&criteria=OPENQUESTIONS&id=906F0000000MNmBIAW ,and awaits to see if there are any viable workarounds. 

I was able to overcome this obstacle, and implementing 'QuickActionDefaultsHandler', helped in firing the appropriate template for 'Reply' and 'Reply All' in the case feed. 
Let me know if you need any help.